Smith Freed Eberhard is seeking an IT Desktop Support Technician to join our Portland office. Smith Freed Eberhard is a tier one litigation defense firm that specializes in multiple practice areas. Attorneys at the firm are consistently recognized by Martindale Hubbell, Best Lawyers, and Super Lawyers as being top-ranked trial lawyers. To find out more information about the firm, please visit our website at www.smithfreed.com.
Smith Freed Eberhard offers a flexible and fun work environment. Collaboration between partners, associates, paralegals and staff is vital to serving our clients well. Our casual work environment allows you to deal with what needs to be done rather than keeping up appearances. Employees have the ability to participate in making the community a better place with pro bono, community service, and fundraising opportunities and activities. Smith Freed Eberhard provides the tools you need to succeed in your cases and your career.
The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for handling direct support requests. This position requires a dependable and responsible person who has strong organization and communication skills (in person and via phone).
- Provide front line desktop and application support to the organization.
- Receiving and responding to direct requests from staff via telephone and email.
- Manage multiple queued support tickets and prioritizing outstanding work.
- Maintaining communication with staff regarding outstanding support requests.
- Providing assistance with hardware, software, and network infrastructure issues.
- Proactively escalating appropriate issues for further support to our Manage Service Provider.
- Documenting processes and procedures in support of projects and systems as directed.
- Perform software installations, reload/test to ensure resolution.
- Repair/run diagnostics on site as needed.
- Provide and coordinate loaner laptops and changeable machines/spare parts/accessories.
- Complete scheduled updates as directed and necessary
- Minimum 2+ years of IT desktop support
- Experience with time and billing software – Aderant Total Office and Aderant Expert experience is a huge plus
- Ability to professionally probe for information and gain user participation
- Ability to perform testing, hardware/software/application failure
- Ability to take charge and lead tasks to completion
- Ability to work in a team environment
Advanced understanding and proficiency in
- Microsoft Office 2013/ Office 365
- Windows 10
- Workstation hardware – laptops and desktops
- Basic Networking and troubleshooting
- VOIP phone troubleshooting
- File Shares, on premises and cloud (Citrix FileShare)
- Network printers – setup, maintenance, troubleshooting
- Ticketing systems
- Security Best Practices
- Bit Locking
- Dictation Software
- Learning new applications
- Hardware and software application support, phone support
- A+ Certification
- Wired & wireless LAN access, VPN
- Familiarity with VDIs, preferably Citrix and Remote Desktop Services
- History of training end users on software and/or hardware
- Experience with Active Directory, Organization Units, and Group Policy Objects
- Responsible Independent Worker – having the ability to complete work in a timely fashion with very little oversight and to continually stay motivated to seek out new projects and assignments.
- Fosters Teamwork – provides assistance, information and/or support to others. Listens and responds constructively to other team members and their ideas.
- Manages Change – recognizes inefficiencies and plans, develops, and executes change.
- Effective Communication – expresses ideas clearly and concisely through verbal and written communications. Uses proper grammar and punctuation.
- Analytical Thinker – The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic approach.
- Initiative – Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Flexibility – Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things.
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation commensurate with education and experience.
- Great office views of the city from the 43rd Floor of Big Pink
- Bonus opportunities
- Well rounded benefits package including Health, Dental, FSA, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, 401k, and profit sharing
- Mass transit reimbursement
- Flexible work schedule
- Meditation room
- Firm provided coffee and snacks
Smith Freed Eberhard is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, military service obligations or other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.