Smith Freed Eberhard is seeking a Business Analytics Specialist to join our team in Portland. Smith Freed Eberhard is a tier one litigation defense firm that specializes in multiple practice areas. Attorneys at the firm are consistently recognized by Martindale Hubbell, Best Lawyers, and Super Lawyers as being top-ranked trial lawyers. To find out more information about the firm, please visit our website at www.smithfreed.com.
Smith Freed Eberhard offers a flexible and fun work environment. Collaboration between partners, associates, paralegals and staff is vital to serving our clients well. Our casual work environment allows you to deal with what needs to be done rather than keeping up appearances. Employees have the ability to participate in making the community a better place with pro bono, community service, and fundraising opportunities and activities. Smith Freed Eberhard provides the tools you need to succeed in your cases and your career.
The Business Analytics Specialist provides the firm’s Partners, Attorneys, Firm Management, and Clients with bench marked data to be used in providing the most appropriate and strategic decisions involving the life cycle of a litigated case. The Business Analytics Specialist utilizes business data from a variety of sources and statistical methods to provide insight into the practice groups’ performances. In order to achieve the desired benefits, this position will also lead the discussions on how to improve identified KPI’s and suggest areas and methods of improvement. The Business Analytics Specialist plays a key role in the firm’s retention of current clients and development of new clients.
- Implements and oversees the firm’s litigation analytics
- Presents insight and recommendations for decision making and guideline adherence
- Controls and develops internal/external information sources for business analysis
- Distributes gathered information and data to SFE employees and clients
- Ensure data and information is up to date
- Develop strategies for adopting and implementing the firms SOP and client litigation guidelines
- Generates metrics dashboards for clients, attorneys and firm management
- Generates metrics dashboards to support litigation workflow and achieve all defined key client benchmarks
- Provides technical expertise to identify and resolve any issues with litigation guidelines tracking and/or reporting
- Assists with monthly or quarterly client metric presentations with clients, attorneys and firm management
- Report on analytics adherence and provide recommendations to improve effectiveness of the litigation process
- Define data output formats and export data from several internal and external sources
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of all data
- Research and respond to RFP content and amendments
- Performs data collection and administrative tasks for proposal teams, including contacting Partners, outlining requirements, and organizing and distributing information
- Researches and compiles information from a variety of internal and external databases, internet and intranet sites, and other internal data sources (including CV’s, trial success stories, boilerplate text, etc.)
- Assists with the archiving of proposal content and upload to appropriate internal databases
- Performs self-check of work products to eliminate repeat errors and demonstrate continuous improvement in work products.
- Manage proposal deadlines, allotting sufficient time for editing, layout and design
- Ensure RFP’s are completed and submitted on time
Education and Experience Requirements
- Strong analytical skills
- Familiar with mid-level PC functions and mathematical acumen
- Excellent communication skills, as presentations and coaching are often required once the dashboards and data are completed
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL
- Experience with business analytics software (i.e. Tableau, Power BI, Domo etc.) and billing software (Aderant, Lexis, etc) is a huge plus
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation commensurate with education and experience.
- Great office views of the city from the 43rd Floor of Big Pink
- Bonus opportunities
- Well rounded benefits package including Health, Dental, FSA, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, 401k, and profit sharing
- Mass transit reimbursement
- Flexible work schedule
- Relaxation Massage
- Meditation room
- Firm provided coffee and snacks
Smith Freed Eberhard is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, military service obligations or other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.