Smith Freed Eberhard is seeking an Accounting Manager to join our team. Smith Freed Eberhard is a tier one litigation defense firm that specializes in multiple practice areas. Attorneys at the firm are consistently recognized by Martindale Hubbell, Best Lawyers, and Super Lawyers as being top-ranked trial lawyers. To find out more information about the firm, please visit our website at www.smithfreed.com.
The Accounting Manager role will assist our stakeholders in identifying and driving financial performance. Stakeholders include a dynamic network of people from various departments such as Operations, HR, Tech, Finance and Marketing. The role includes planning and forecasting operating costs and capital expenditure, reporting actual figures and analyzing variations, as well as analyzing a wide variety of client metrics to help the firm in its growth. The Accounting Manager doesn’t just provide data, but owns the strategy, drives development and influences business partners.
Smith Freed Eberhard offers a flexible and fun work environment. Collaboration between partners, associates, paralegals and staff is vital to serving our clients well. Our casual work environment allows you to deal with what needs to be done rather than keeping up appearances. Employees have the ability to participate in making the community a better place with pro bono, community service, and fundraising opportunities and activities. Smith Freed Eberhard provides the tools you need to succeed in your cases and your career.
- Employ every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and leadership have the most up to date and reliable information
- Expertise collecting, analyzing and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful reports to drive business improvement and cost reductions
- Management, administration, and analysis of payroll for 100+ employees
- Root cause analysis and uncovering core issues using data, then assisting the management team to identify and improve processes and firm strategy
- Recommend, develop and implement policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability
- Manage, oversee, and analyze accounts payable
- Facilitate the administration of the 401K program with outside providers
- Lead the development of planning, forecasting and reporting models and their continuous innovation and improving the use and ease of inter-operational procedures with the Managing Partner
- Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities and providing level- headed guidance during unexpected events
Education and Experience Requirements
- Knowledge of GAAP and tax reporting
- 2+ years of Tableau, Excel Power Pivot or other BI tools
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting – MBA preferred
- Technical general ledger accounting and month-end close experience
- Advanced computer skills in accounting software, excel modeling, and databases
- Demonstrated financial acumen and/or analytical experience including familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis, and/or data interpretation and analysis
- Measured experience demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis
- Highly analytical, detail oriented, and strong business sense; proven ability to develop new ideas, creative solutions and demonstrated experience implementing
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast –paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
- Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and levels of management
- Fosters Teamwork – provides assistance, information and/or support to others. Listens and responds constructively to other team members and their ideas.
- Manages Change – recognizes inefficiencies and plans, develops, and executes change.
- Effective Communication – expresses ideas clearly and concisely through verbal and written communications. Uses proper grammar and punctuation.
- Analytical Thinker – The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic approach
- Initiative – Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Flexibility – Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things.
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation commensurate with education and experience.
- Great office views of the city from the 43rd Floor of Big Pink
- Bonus opportunities
- Well rounded benefits package including Health, Dental, FSA, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, 401k, and profit sharing
- Mass transit reimbursement
- Flexible work schedule
- Relaxation Massage
- Meditation room
- Firm provided coffee and snacks
Smith Freed Eberhard is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, military service obligations or other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.