Year In Review – Commercial Lines in Oregon
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED – Please contact Justin Wickizer <[email protected]> if you would like our team to present this content to you or your team.
Join Smith Freed Eberhard partner Bill Taaffe and senior attorney Melanie Rose on Thursday, November 29, 2018 at 10:00 am PST as they discuss major cases of the past year in Oregon with a focus on the impact these cases will have on commercial lines and management. In this one hour presentation, Bill and Melanie will discuss recent developments in Oregon law, including the following cases:
- (OR) Case affecting the discoverability of physician-patient communications.
- (OR) Cases enforcing the complicity doctrine in liquor liability lawsuits.
- (OR) Case limiting the scope of Oregon’s elder abuse statute as it pertains to insurance companies.
- (OR) Case concerning required damages to be alleged in a timber trespass case.
- (OR) Case interpreting Oregon’s statute of ultimate repose.
And, a discussion of two important cases that had oral arguments in front of the Oregon Supreme Court:
- (OR) Schutz – The potential elimination of dram shop protection
- (OR) Vasquez – The potential re-elimination of the $500,000 damages cap